Buying a domain and webhosting services may differ. For example, if you buy a domain at godaddy.com, name.com and etc, you may purchase another webhosting provider, for example; hostgator.com, bluehost.com, hawkhost.com and etc.
The Questions that may arise from you is how to keep the domain and web hosting can be connected to each other? Domain and webhosting are connected to each other by pointing the name Servers with IP address of your webhosting.
Name Server Information
If you purchase a webhosting package on the Internet, for example buying a hosting package at HostGator, then generally you will get webhosting IP address ( Name servers) via email. Example:
From the above example, Name Server (NS) which you must enter the Name Server settings in your domain control are:
How To Change Domain Name ServerIf you buy a domain, then you should get a control domain. To access the domain control, please ask to the domain seller where you bought the domain because the sellers are different each another. And remember! Domain control with one another usually different so there is no specific benchmark, the important thing is you know where to change the Name servers.
Changing the Name Servers on Godaddy.com
One of the leading domain seller is godaddy.com, so here are how to change the domain name servers at godaddy.com.
- I asumme you are already have an account and a domain at GoDaddy.
- Please go to godaddy.com and login to your account.
- Click the My Account menu, which is on the right top.
- Click the Launch button that corresponds to the Domain
- Click on the domain name that you want to change its Name Servers.
- Click the Set Nameservers.
- Will appear Server Name field. Fill in Nameserver 1 with NS1, for example: ns2151.hostgator.com. Fill Nameserver 2 with NS2, for example: ns2152.hostgator.com
- Click OK.
Generally, need several time to connect domain and webhosting after name server pointing (set name servers). Please wait 1 – 24 hours
That’s wordpress tutorial about How To Change Domain Name Servers, may be useful.
Reviewer: Rohman Tea - ItemReviewed: How To Change Domain Name Servers Rating: 5 Description: How To Change Domain Name Servers